5 Big Stories Trending Tuesday Morning
The following stories are getting a lot of traction on social media and making headlines across most news outlets. DMLNews.com will be covering these stories and more throughout the day. Please download the DML APP to stay connected. It’s free. Click here for more on how and where to get the DML APP.
1. Leader of Turkey warns Trump not to recognize Jerusalem, or else... Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday morning that if the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Muslims will see it as crossing a “red line.” READ MORE
2. Photos of North Korea missile test appear to have been edited… CNN is running a story saying the photographs North Korean state media released of last week’s Hwasong-15 nighttime missile test appear to have been tampered.
Marco Langbroek, a space expert who tracks North Korea’s missiles program, told CNN he noticed something strange about the stars in images taken from opposite sides of the missile launch. “You should see constellations that are opposites in the sky. That is not the case,” he said. Langbroek determined the direction of the photos based on the shape of the plumes of smoke coming from the rocket engine. READ MORE
3. Explosive wildfire in Southern California forces thousands to evacuate… A wind-whipped wildfire exploded early Tuesday in Southern California, forcing more than 27,000 people to evacuate and causing at least one death.
Ventura County Fire officials said, “The Thomas Fire” broke out Monday evening east of Santa Paula, located about 60 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. The fire has grown to 31,000 acres and has destroyed 150 structures, according to the Ventura County Fire Department.
“The prospects for containment are not good,” Ventura County Fire Chief Mark Lorenzen said at a news conference. “Really, Mother Nature is going to decide when we have the ability to put it out because it is pushing hard with the wind.” READ MORE
4. Steelers player can’t move legs after hit on Monday Night Football… SEE VIDEO
5. LaVar Ball says he’s withdrawing suspended son from UCLA… The father of UCLA guard LiAngelo Ball says he plans to withdraw his son from the school because of concerns related to the freshman’s indefinite suspension for his participation in a shoplifting incident during the Bruins’ trip to China.
The younger Ball, along with freshmen Jalen Hill and Cody Riley, has been barred from all team activities as part of the suspension for shoplifting from three high-end stores last month when UCLA opened its season overseas.
LaVar Ball told The Los Angeles Times and ESPN on Monday that he’s going to explore other options for LiAngelo, saying, “I’m not going to let him sit back and not practice.”
The elder Ball says he hasn’t spoken to the school about withdrawing his son. “I’m taking him and I’m gone,” he told the Times.
“We learned today of LiAngelo Ball’s intention to withdraw from UCLA,” coach Steve Alford said in a statement. “We respect the decision he and his family have made, and we wish him all the best in the future.” LEARN MORE
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- REPORT: Avenatti and Stormy Daniels tear into Trump for calling her ‘Horseface’
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response