Actress Melissa Gilbert names director in sexual harassment claim
During a Monday interview with Andy Cohen on his SiriusXM “Radio Andy” show, actress Melissa Gilbert said Oliver Stone sexually harassed her during an audition years ago, in retribution for something she said in a social situation.
Gilbert said that she was auditioning for a role in 1991’s “The Doors,” when Stone told her that he had something “special” for her to read.
“I’ve written this special scene for you,” the actress said Stone told her.
Gilbert had already read many scenes trying to land the Pamela Courson role – a role that eventually went to Meg Ryan. But Gilbert said Stone then gave her additional lines to read.
“He wrote this special scene that he wanted me to do for him, physically, in the casting room,” she said.
The scene, Gilbert alleges, was sexual in nature, and he wanted her to both read and act it out with an actor to “see the chemistry.” The scene included “dirty” sexual verbiage and required Gilbert to be on her knees, she recalled.
Gilbert described the scene as “humiliating” and “horrid,” and said she left the room, crying. She never did the scene or completed the audition.
At first, hesitating to say the director’s name out of fear of “backlash,” Gilbert ultimately threw caution to the wind and announced, “Oh, f–k it. It was Oliver Stone, and it was The Doors.’”
She said she believes the incident was retaliation over what happened years before, when she challenged him for “ragging on television” and saying that television is “crap.”
Gilbert, who became famous on television’s hit show, “The Little House on the Prairie” in the 80’s, said that while Stone was talking, a group of Little House fans approached her. She said she then pointed out: “That’s what television does.” She admitted to calling him a name as well.
The actress said, “He got me back and it hurt.”
Gilbert is not Stone’s first accuser. The Oscar-winning director was accused of sexual misconduct last month by model and actress Carrie Stevens. Stevens, who acted in “Days of Our Lives,” said Stone once groped her at a party.
Stone has also refused to condemn Harvey Weinstein, saying, “I believe a man shouldn’t be condemned by a vigilante system,” and, “I’m not going to comment on gossip. I’ll wait and see, which is the right thing to do.”
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]