Anti-Trump Rosie’s theater group accepts grant from Trump administration
Despite comedian and actress Rosie O’Donnell’s hatred for President Donald Trump, her theater group accepted $30,000 in February from the Trump administration’s National Endowment for the Arts.
Rosie’s Theater Kids, founded by O’Donnell in 2003, has now welcomed a total of $80,000 from Trump’s NEA, which will fund theater training for children during summer and after-school programs. Students will learn dance, drama and music, taught by Broadway performers.
O’Donnell has publicly derided the president, calling him a “racist, creep, conman, liar, rapist, fake,” but is willing to accept his administration’s funding for her group, which was founded in a public school in New York City. Rosie’s Theater Kids was established for children who “walk by Broadway theaters daily and never have the opportunity to go inside.”
“Over the years since its debut, RTKids has blossomed into much more than simply a song and dance venue,” according to the group. “The dedication and inspiration of its expert staff and generosity of its guest Broadway professionals have yielded truly remarkable results.”
O’Donnell said regarding the group, “We’re rehearsing for life.”
Anti-Trump activism appears to be a part of daily life for O’Donnell, The Washington Free Beacon reported. She can be counted on for frequent rants against Trump on Twitter, including a Monday tweet in which she insisted that “He must be removed,” referring to Trump.
— ROSIE (@Rosie) March 12, 2018
O’Donnell is also selling portraits of Trump that she has created herself, some of which include vile names for him. In one tweet promoting her artwork, O’Donnell contends that Trump “is the snake.”
anti trump art – by me – now available
a dozen at a time – signed toohttps://t.co/yJ3pvXgY0x
— ROSIE (@Rosie) February 21, 2018
— ROSIE (@Rosie) February 24, 2018
Trump and O’Donnell have engaged in a public feud dating back to at least 2006, during which Trump has labeled O’Donnell “a total loser.”
The president also referred to O’Donnell during a Republican primary debate in 2015.
Moderator Megyn Kelly said, “You call women you don’t like ‘fat pigs,’ ‘dogs,’ ‘slobs’ and ‘disgusting animals–”
Trump interrupted, “Only Rosie O’Donnell.”
In an interview with W magazine, O’Donnell claimed to be worried that she might not survive Trump’s presidency.
“I seriously worry whether I personally will be able to live through [his presidency] and whether the nation will be able to live through it and survive,” she said.
Conversely, Rosie’s Theater Kids is thriving under the Trump administration. According to the Beacon, “The group, which first began receiving taxpayer funding under the Obama administration, has continued to receive generous funding, with a $50,000 grant in 2017 and a $30,000 grant this year. Overall, the group has received $300,000 since 2012.”
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?