Bannon slams Flake for donation to Democrat
Republican Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) let everyone know via Twitter that he wrote a $100 check on Tuesday to support Democrat Doug Jones in the special election contest to fill Alabama’s empty U.S. Senate seat. Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon took that as an opportunity to mock the turncoat politician.
“Come on brother, if you’re going to write a check, write a check,” Bannon taunted at a rally for the Republican candidate, Roy Moore. “Support somebody.”
Calling him a “total embarrassment,” Bannon went on to point out that Flake has not even been a supporter of his own party.
“Jeff Flake has done nothing but run the President of the United States down since the president won,” Bannon said. “And then he comes out at the last second and says ‘I’m going to give $100 to a Democrat.’”
Flake posted a picture to Twitter on Tuesday of the check he made out to Jones’ Senate campaign with the memo “country over party.”
Country over Party pic.twitter.com/JZMTaEYdxQ
— Jeff Flake (@JeffFlake) December 5, 2017
Sen. Ben Sasse and other Republicans took Flake’s obvious endorsement for Jones to mean that he must also be pro-choice when it comes to abortion.
In the past few weeks, Moore has seen his polling numbers recover after being accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct.
The Washington Post reported the initial accusations against Moore last month. In that report, four women claimed that Moore came on to them when they were between the ages of 14 and 18, and he was in his 30s. Other women have since come forward with additional allegations.
Moore has repeatedly denied the accusations and has resisted pressure from top Republicans, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, to drop out of the race.
Trump has endorsed Moore, and the RNC has also decided to back him. The special election is set to take place next week.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl