Black-only retreat organizer to white people: ‘stay home…you’ve done enough damage’ (video)
A retreat in Costa Rica offers visitors an all-black experience, the sites organizer saying its off limits to white people, and advising them to “let us have our space.”
In a new documentary featured on Vice News, Andrea X tells about the creation of the retreat, which offers women of color the opportunity to vacation “free from white people.” As reported by The Washington Times:
Andrea X, an expatriate who gave up her life in Brooklyn to create the Women of Color Healing Retreat in Puerto Viejo in 2014, said she had a hard time communicating with white people in the U.S. without focusing on their constant “micro-aggressions” and “passive-aggressiveness.”
“I decided one day to just eliminate white people from my personal life, and ever since then my life has been way more breezy,” she told Vice.
The 10-day retreat offers yoga, vegan food, and political education seminars, and is a vacation experience geared toward black Americans that specifically bans white people.
The retreat is currently held at a white-owned resort, but Andrea X and a business partner have invested $100,000 to build their own black-only retreat space about 20 minutes away. Andrea X said she envisions a “safe space” free from the oppression of white people and believes white Americans shouldn’t be able to travel outside their own country.
“I feel like white people shouldn’t even have passports,” she said, laughing. “They need to stay in the United States.”
“My tip to white people is to let us have our space, let us have our room, and go hang out with other white people,” she said. “You’ve done enough damage.”
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
- BREAKING: Two injured in Indiana school shooting, shooter in custody
- REPORT: Michael Flynn tweets, deletes photo of Hillary Clinton with accused sex offender
- REPORT: Estimated 7,000 bodies may be buried at former asylum
- Trump Tweets: Releases a Twitter Storm against Dems!
- REPORT: Trump taps vocal anti-illegal immigration advocate for State Dept’s top refugee job
- REPORT: State Department warns of dangerous destinations in Mexico for Memorial Day weekend
- VIDEO: Assange may be forced from Embassy, wants to share information about ‘collusion’
- REPORT: Customers suing McDonald’s for $5M over cheese
- VIDEO: Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs launches harsh attack against Trey Gowdy