BREAKING: 1 Dead, dozens injured in horrific bus accident carrying students (video)
A charter bus transporting 45 high school band students from Houston, Texas on a school trip has crashed Tuesday morning in Alabama, plunging into a 50 to 60-foot ravine on I-10 in Alabama.
The students from Channelview High School were reportedly traveling back home from a trip to Disney World in Orlando.
At least one person is reported dead and many others injured, some critical. Click2Houston reported that the bus “traveled into the median around 5:30 a.m. near Loxley and fell into a 50-foot ravine. One person died at the scene, and the injured were taken to 10 different hospitals in the region, authorities said. Of the injured, one was listed in critical condition, five were listed in serious condition and the others had minor injuries, authorities said.”
Fox News reported there were a total of 52 people on the bus.
The interstate has reportedly been closed down from both directions while emergency personnel respond to the scene.
ABC News reported:
Dewayne Benson, 15, was on one of two buses traveling home from Walt Disney World, according to his sister, Sydney Benson.
“He was asleep until the band director started screaming,” Sydney Benson, 19, told ABC News.
She said her brother called the family from a hospital in Pensacola, Florida, and does not seem to be injured.
About 20 patients were taken to a hospital in the Sacred Heart Health System after the accident on I-10, according to Mike Burke, a hospital spokesman.
BREAKING: Alabama sheriff confirms 1 dead, many injured in Texas high school bus plunge.
— The Associated Press (@AP) March 13, 2018
SHOCKING VIDEO: A bus carrying @ChannelviewISD band students plunged into an Alabama ravine near the Florida border. The bus was carrying at least 52 people. At least one person is dead, dozens are injured. https://t.co/qJQUzpRsM8
VIDEO COURTESY: Jesus Tejeda pic.twitter.com/PnMRDShrFc
— FOX26Houston (@FOX26Houston) March 13, 2018
Video by Jesus Tejeda shows a bus carrying Houston area students that plunged down an Alabama ravine early this morning. Channelview ISD confirms their band students were on the bus returning from Disney World. MORE: https://t.co/oWjHIDZRja pic.twitter.com/oG1OoccHb9
— KRIS 6 News (@KRIS6News) March 13, 2018
— WSFA 12 News (@wsfa12news) March 13, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: Judge rules Trump administration justified in ending Obama-era immigration program
- REPORT: Corsi slaps Mueller with $350M lawsuit
- EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea Clinton rips into magazine staffer for making joke about Barron Trump
- REPORT: Company announces moving production out of China over tariff concerns
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh sides with liberal judges to turn away Planned Parenthood defunding cases
- VIDEO: Chris Christie comments on Trump’s legal jeopardy
- OpEd: Cohen’s pleas concocted by prosecutors to snare Trump
- REPORT: YouTube terminates conservative activist’s channel
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez surprises Queens synagogue with family history
- REPORT: Actress declares ‘We should be afraid’ of Trump