BREAKING: 2 attorneys general to subpoena Trump Organization, IRS
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The attorneys general of the District of Columbia and Maryland plan to file subpoenas Tuesday seeking records from the Trump Organization, the Internal Revenue Service and dozens of other entities as part of a lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of profiting off the presidency.
The flurry of subpoenas came a day after U.S. District Court Judge Peter J. Messitte approved a brisk schedule for discovery in the case alleging that foreign and domestic government spending at Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel amounts to gifts to the president in violation of the Constitution’s emoluments clause.
The article goes on to state the following:
The subpoenas target 37 entities, including 13 Trump-linked entities and the federal agency that oversees the lease for Trump’s Washington hotel. Subpoenas were also being sent to the Department of Defense, General Services Administration, Department of Commerce, Department of Agriculture and the IRS, which have spent taxpayer dollars at the hotel or have information on Trump’s finances relevant to the case.
Other Trump entities that officials plan to subpoena include those related to his Washington hotel and its management. Eighteen entities such as restaurants and hotels that compete with the Trump hotel are also being subpoenaed.
The Maryland attorney general’s office confirmed the targets of the subpoenas to The Associated Press as they were being prepared Tuesday.
CLICK HERE to read more.
BREAKING: The attorneys general of the District of Columbia and Maryland plan to file subpoenas against The Trump Organization, other entities and some federal agencies for records in their case accusing Donald Trump of profiting off the presidency. https://t.co/I2CsfflXYR
— The Associated Press (@AP) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi breaks her silence, accuses Trump of outing trip, putting her in danger (VIDEO)