BREAKING: 21 bodies found in Mexican town on Texas border
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Mexico City — Mexican authorities said Thursday that 21 bodies, some burned, have been found in the northern Mexico border state of Tamaulipas in what appears to have been a clash between drug gangs. The bodies were found near the remains of seven burned-out vehicles near the border town of Miguel Aleman.
President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said the killings Wednesday appear to have been part of a dispute between gangs. He said details would be released once all the information was gathered.
The article goes on to state the following:
A Tamaulipas state official who was not authorized to be quoted by name said investigators had counted 21 bodies at the scene.
The area around Miguel Aleman had long been dominated by the Zetas drug cartel, which was locked in a battle for control of crime in the Rio Grande Valley with the rival Gulf cartel.
ADDED NOTE FROM DML NEWS: On Wednesday, Democrat Beto O’Rourke posted a video on his Twitter account of a Mexican border town at night, and declared that the border is one of the safest place in the United States of America, with apprehensions being at “record low” levels.
A shot of the U.S.-Mexico border pic.twitter.com/R35klcZ0Ov
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) January 9, 2019
— CBS News (@CBSNews) January 10, 2019
The bodies were found this morning in a Mexican border town just 50 miles from the site of today’s presidential visit. https://t.co/uJiJzp9ChF
— KZTV Action 10 News (@Action10News) January 10, 2019
GANG VIOLENCE: 21 bodies found along the Texas-Mexico border appear to have been clash between drug gangs, according to authorities. https://t.co/MwRgd81NrA
— ABC13 Houston (@abc13houston) January 10, 2019
The bodies were found near the remains of seven burned-out vehicles near the border town of Miguel Alemanhttps://t.co/zYEbkhN9xT
— CBS4Local (@CBS4Local) January 10, 2019
wake up. These people are not good people. If they were they would come here legally. Through the borders not just wherever they please. If you start off by breaking the law, it’s more likely that you’re going to continue doing that. https://t.co/UKBp4pHLz7
— KAMPro (@KAMasciarelli) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: ‘Burn that rag!’ Activists plan to desecrate the flag at Trump’s July Fourth rally
- REPORT: Filings show Trump DHS Secretary McAleenan supported Democrats for years
- VIDEO: Mom Catches Kid Falling Off Balcony In Heart-Stopping Surveillance Video
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions
- VIDEO: Nunes threatens ninth criminal referral, says Trump-Russia conspiracy peddlers are ‘possessed’