BREAKING: 36-year-old school principal dies of coronavirus complications
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A New York City school principal died Monday from complications due to the coronavirus, becoming the first-reported public school official in the U.S. to die from the disease.
Education news nonprofit Chalkbeat reported Tuesday that the Council of Schools Supervisors and Administrators informed union members in a letter that the principal of Brooklyn Democracy Academy had died Monday evening.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is with profound sadness and overwhelming grief that we announce the passing of our sister, CSA member Dezann Romain, Principal of Brooklyn Democracy Academy, due to complications from Coronavirus,” read the CSA’s statement.
As of noon Tuesday, there were 49,594 known cases of coronavirus in the United States, with 622 deaths. New York has skyrocket to the top of the list in the U.S., with 25,665 cases of coronavirus and 210 deaths.
New York City Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza expressed his condolences in a two-part Twitter post. He wrote, “This is painful for all of us, and I extend my deepest condolences to the Brooklyn Democracy Academy community, and the family of Principal Romain.
“We’re all experiencing a deep sense of confusion, uncertainty, and sadness, and it’s more important than ever to provide support to one another. We’ll be there for the students and staff through whatever means necessary during this impossibly difficult time.”
We’re all experiencing a deep sense of confusion, uncertainty, and sadness, and it’s more important than ever to provide support to one another. We’ll be there for the students and staff through whatever means necessary during this impossibly difficult time. [2/2]
— Chancellor Richard A. Carranza (@DOEChancellor) March 24, 2020
UPDATED: A Brooklyn principal in her 30s has died due to complications of the coronavirus.
Only three people under age 44 have died from COVID-19 in NYC.https://t.co/SsYgReOMmb
— Chalkbeat New York (@ChalkbeatNY) March 24, 2020
Rest in Power Principal Dez-Ann Romain, we lost a wonderful leader and lovely human being. This is absolutely heartbreaking. Sending love to the entire Transfer High School community @transferhs @rotondo_paul
— Gloria (@GRosarioWallac1) March 24, 2020
The loss of Principal Dez-Ann Romain is particularly painful for the Brooklyn Democracy Academy family, our larger @NYCSchools community, and a borough grateful for her service. We will have a more full response to this tragedy in the hours and days ahead. https://t.co/DsdEZ5an18
— Eric Adams (@BPEricAdams) March 24, 2020
Dez-Ann Romain, principal of Brooklyn Democracy Academy, has died of coronavirus complications at the age of 36 https://t.co/6b3xV3GqtK
— WCBS Newsradio 880 (@wcbs880) March 24, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: CEO of successful restaurant chain gives up salary for year to pay workers during pandemic
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: Top CDC official warns New York’s coronavirus outbreak is just a preview
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN