BREAKING: 7 Dead, 17 Injured in Fights at South Carolina Prison
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by THEDAILYBEAST.COM:
Seven inmates have died and 17 are injured after fights broke out in a maximum-security prison in South Carolina. The brawl started at the Lee Correctional Institution at around 7 p.m. Sunday, prisons spokesman Jeff Taillon said. He said State Law Enforcement Division agents helped secure the prison at around 3 a.m. Monday. The South Carolina Department of Corrections confirmed seven fatalities.
The facility in Bishopville holds about 1,500 inmates, including some of South Carolina’s most violent convicts. The local fire rescue service posted on Facebook:
“Lee County Fire/Rescue assisted With a Mass Causality Incident at Lee Correctional. Mutual Aid was received from Florence County EMS, Kershaw County EMS, Darlington County EMS, Lexington County EMS and Hartsville Rescue. Assistance was also received from Med One a private ambulance service.”
No officers are believed to have been harmed.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting THEDAILYBEAST.COM.
Trending on DML News
- GONE VIRAL: Mom of killed Navy SEAL hero rips Democrat for Purple Heart for Strzok comment
- Gowdy: Rosenstein should not be impeached, public hearings a joke
- REPORT: James Woods threatened by Stormi Daniels’ lawyer
- REPORT: Gowdy says Mueller probe is not a witch hunt
- REPORT: California Dems stun Sen Feinstein
- POLL: Who is the most dangerous Democrat in 2020?
- VIDEO: SF Mayor: ‘There’s More Feces … Than I’ve Ever Seen’
- REPORT: Russia responds in agreement to Trump’s statement on Twitter
- VIDEO: John Bolton Speaks Out on WH Decision To Cancel His CNN Interview, Russia and more
- VIDEO: Trump raves about ‘beautiful’ Queen, internet complains about ‘awkward moment’