BREAKING: 8 House Republicans break with Trump on shutdown strategy, back Democrats’ plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
In the wake of President Trump’s nationally televised plea for his long-promised border wall, both he and Democratic congressional leaders are digging in Wednesday as the partial government shutdown continues with no end in sight.
House Democrats passed a bill that would reopen the Treasury Department and ensure that the Internal Revenue Service would remain funded as tax season kicks off and millions of taxpayers begin to file their returns.
The article goes on to state the following:
Eight House Republicans voted in favor of the bill, defying the president’s pleas for unity. But the measure has no path to passage, as Trump has said he opposes any legislation that does not include funding for the border wall.
DML News offers the following additional information published by WashingtonExaminer:
Republicans who voted for the bill were Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick, Pa.; Jamie Herrera Beutler, Wash.; Will Hurd, Texas; John Katko, N.Y.; Adam Kinzinger, Ill.; Elise Stefanik, N.Y.; Fred Upton, Mich.; and Greg Walden, Ore.
Shutdown impasse: 8 House Republicans break with Trump on shutdown strategy, back Democrats’ plan to reopen Treasury without new border wall funds https://t.co/KJcLTQzX9B
— Matea Gold (@mateagold) January 9, 2019
8 Republicans vote to reopen the Treasury Department in test of House GOP unity https://t.co/HciDQNinLr
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions