BREAKING: 8 House Republicans break with Trump on shutdown strategy, back Democrats’ plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
In the wake of President Trump’s nationally televised plea for his long-promised border wall, both he and Democratic congressional leaders are digging in Wednesday as the partial government shutdown continues with no end in sight.
House Democrats passed a bill that would reopen the Treasury Department and ensure that the Internal Revenue Service would remain funded as tax season kicks off and millions of taxpayers begin to file their returns.
The article goes on to state the following:
Eight House Republicans voted in favor of the bill, defying the president’s pleas for unity. But the measure has no path to passage, as Trump has said he opposes any legislation that does not include funding for the border wall.
DML News offers the following additional information published by WashingtonExaminer:
Republicans who voted for the bill were Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick, Pa.; Jamie Herrera Beutler, Wash.; Will Hurd, Texas; John Katko, N.Y.; Adam Kinzinger, Ill.; Elise Stefanik, N.Y.; Fred Upton, Mich.; and Greg Walden, Ore.
Shutdown impasse: 8 House Republicans break with Trump on shutdown strategy, back Democrats’ plan to reopen Treasury without new border wall funds https://t.co/KJcLTQzX9B
— Matea Gold (@mateagold) January 9, 2019
8 Republicans vote to reopen the Treasury Department in test of House GOP unity https://t.co/HciDQNinLr
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly