BREAKING: Appeals court issues ruling on Trump blocking critical Twitter followers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump cannot block users on his favorite social media platform, Twitter, because they criticize him, a federal appeals court has ruled.
The Second Circuit Court of Appeals, based in New York, upheld a lower court ruling that such actions would be “unconstitutional viewpoint discrimination.” Since Trump uses his account in a public capacity, blocking followers — which inhibits their ability to respond to and comment on the president’s tweets — would violate their First Amendment rights, the judges ruled.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s team had argued that he was using the account in the capacity of a private citizen, but the court demurred.
“The fact that any Twitter user can block another account does not mean that the President somehow becomes a private person when he does so,” the judges wrote.
Appeals court rules @realDonaldTrump can’t block Twitter followers. More politicized judicial harassment from anti-Trump judges.
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) July 9, 2019
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) July 9, 2019
2019.07.09_Opinion by on Scribd
President Trump cannot block users on his favorite social media platform, Twitter, because they criticize him, a federal appeals court has ruled.https://t.co/xRtD4j7tZa
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?