BREAKING: Appeals court issues ruling on Trump blocking critical Twitter followers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump cannot block users on his favorite social media platform, Twitter, because they criticize him, a federal appeals court has ruled.
The Second Circuit Court of Appeals, based in New York, upheld a lower court ruling that such actions would be “unconstitutional viewpoint discrimination.” Since Trump uses his account in a public capacity, blocking followers — which inhibits their ability to respond to and comment on the president’s tweets — would violate their First Amendment rights, the judges ruled.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s team had argued that he was using the account in the capacity of a private citizen, but the court demurred.
“The fact that any Twitter user can block another account does not mean that the President somehow becomes a private person when he does so,” the judges wrote.
Appeals court rules @realDonaldTrump can’t block Twitter followers. More politicized judicial harassment from anti-Trump judges.
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) July 9, 2019
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) July 9, 2019
2019.07.09_Opinion by on Scribd
President Trump cannot block users on his favorite social media platform, Twitter, because they criticize him, a federal appeals court has ruled.https://t.co/xRtD4j7tZa
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge