BREAKING: BIG NEWS about Jeff Sessions leaked to press
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Jeff Sessions, the former senator from Alabama whose tumultuous tenure as President Trump’s attorney general lasted less than two years, will enter the race to reclaim his old seat in 2020, a Republican official said.
Mr. Sessions plans to announce his candidacy on Thursday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Sessions has remained largely out of the public eye, and has been effectively exiled from Republican politics, since he was forced out of the Trump administration last November. He had repeatedly clashed with the president over his decision to recuse himself from the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
According to NBC News’ Vaughn Hillyard, “Two sources familiar with Jeff Sessions plans say the former U.S. AG will announce his bid to reclaim old U.S. Senate seat ahead of this week’s filing deadline. It has been made clear to Sessions that Pres. Trump intends to campaign against him.”
AP sources: Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions will announce Alabama Senate bid on Thursday. https://t.co/Eub33b9Vh6
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 6, 2019
New from @jeffzeleny: Jeff Sessions will jump into the Alabama Senate race tomorrow, a GOP official familiar tells CNN. Sessions reached his decision over the last several days and hired a consulting firm today, the official said.
— Rebecca Buck (@RebeccaBuck) November 6, 2019
Two sources familiar with Jeff Sessions plans say the former U.S. AG will announce his bid to reclaim old U.S. Senate seat ahead of this week’s filing deadline. It has been made clear to Sessions that Pres. Trump intends to campaign against him. https://t.co/KdOBwyzgki
— Vaughn Hillyard (@VaughnHillyard) November 6, 2019
Jeff Sessions plans to run for his former Alabama U.S. Senate seat. The ex-attorney general was forced out by President Trump last year. https://t.co/HFRLKsxjjg
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- BREAKING: CAPTURED: ‘Armed and dangerous’ suspect, 30, is caught and charged with kidnapping UFC fighter’s 19-year-old stepdaughter