BREAKING: Blow to DOJ: Judge rules in AT&T/Time Warner case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
WASHINGTON—A federal judge ruled Tuesday that AT&T Inc. can proceed with its planned acquisition of Time Warner
Inc., rejecting the Justice Department’s allegations that the deal would suppress competition in the pay-TV industry.
U.S. District Judge Richard Leon announced his decision in a packed courtroom, ruling that antitrust enforcers at the Justice Department hadn’t proven their case against the merger.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I conclude the government has failed to meet its burden,” Judge Leon said. “The court has now spoken and the defendants have won.”
In a highly unusual conclusion to the court session that underlined the magnitude of AT&T’s victory, Judge Leon urged the government to let the companies close their deal without further legal interference. The judge said he hoped the Justice Department would have the “wisdom” not to seek an emergency stay of his ruling, saying such a legal maneuver would be “manifestly unjust” to AT&T and Time Warner.
To weigh in on this information provided by WSJ.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda