BREAKING: Blow to DOJ: Judge rules in AT&T/Time Warner case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
WASHINGTON—A federal judge ruled Tuesday that AT&T Inc. can proceed with its planned acquisition of Time Warner
Inc., rejecting the Justice Department’s allegations that the deal would suppress competition in the pay-TV industry.
U.S. District Judge Richard Leon announced his decision in a packed courtroom, ruling that antitrust enforcers at the Justice Department hadn’t proven their case against the merger.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I conclude the government has failed to meet its burden,” Judge Leon said. “The court has now spoken and the defendants have won.”
In a highly unusual conclusion to the court session that underlined the magnitude of AT&T’s victory, Judge Leon urged the government to let the companies close their deal without further legal interference. The judge said he hoped the Justice Department would have the “wisdom” not to seek an emergency stay of his ruling, saying such a legal maneuver would be “manifestly unjust” to AT&T and Time Warner.
To weigh in on this information provided by WSJ.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omarosa’s neighbors file suit against her husband over unkempt home
- POLL: Should Christopher Watts receive the death penalty?
- UPDATE: Stunning details emerge on man detained by ICE while driving his pregnant wife to hospital
- VIDEO: How a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug
- OpEd: Newt Gingrich: Mueller’s fatal mistake
- REPORT: U.S. company reports one year later after implanting microchips in employees’ hands
- VIDEO: Neighbor shoots TX man stabbing his toddler to death while yelling religious rants
- REPORT: WH aide departs after questions arise about speech at controversial venue
- REPORT: Murdered Colorado mom ‘beat all odds’ to get pregnant, brother says in emotional post
- VIDEO: Democrat Cracks Joke About President Trump Drowning