BREAKING: Border Patrol Seizes Eight Shipments of Fentanyl Destined to Cities Throughout the U.S.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
PORT HURON, Mich – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Field Operations at the Blue Water Bridge seize nearly 600 grams of Fentanyl during special operations.
In the month of January, CBP Officers identified eight separate shipments via Canadian mail trucks that did not match the manifested contents of the packages and selected them for an enforcement examination at the Centralized Examination Station in Marysville, MI. Upon inspection, the packages each contained a white rock like substance which were detained and tested locally and sent for further examination. Lab testing results came back confirming that each package contained fentanyl and meso-erythritol (sugar alcohol).
The article goes on to state the following:
“Our officer’s commitment to serve and protect is constant and this is just one of the ways we are doing our part to stem the opioid crisis impacting our nation” said Port Director Michael Fox.
The total weight of the eight shipments was 572.34 grams with an estimated street value of $15,000.00 which when further processed and distributed could have impacted thousands of U.S. citizens with deadly results.
#CAUGHT by @CBPGreatLakes! 8 shipments of fentanyl have been seized by @CBP Officers at the Blue Water Bridge in #PortHuron Michigan. Read More here! https://t.co/rXqcBD1Ldt pic.twitter.com/2FTiWLF0HX
— CBP Great Lakes (@CBPGreatLakes) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBP.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy