BREAKING: California high-speed rail authority hits Trump administration with lawsuit over terminated grant
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by LA Times:
California’s high-speed rail agency announced Tuesday it is suing the federal government over the Trump administration’s decision to terminate a $929-million grant for the state’s beleaguered bullet train.
The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Sacramento, further escalates the conflict between California and the Trump administration over a project that aims to make the state a leader in advanced transportation but has been hobbled by delays and cost overruns.
The article goes on to state the following:
Along with challenging the grant decision, California plans to seek a temporary restraining order to prevent the federal government for using the California high-speed rail money for other projects.
BREAKING: California files another lawsuit against the Trump Administration, this time over High Speed Rail.
— Ashley Zavala (@ZavalaA) May 21, 2019
California sued Tuesday to block the Trump administration from cancelling nearly $1 billion for the state’s high-speed rail project, escalating the state’s feud with the federal government.
The Federal Railroad Administration announced last week it https://t.co/w81S88WUHM
— San Mateo Daily Journal (@smdailyjournal) May 21, 2019
— The FRA (@USDOTFRA) May 16, 2019
BREAKING: The Federal Railroad Administration has notified California its ENDING its high speed rail agreement, clawing back crucial $ for project pic.twitter.com/WPhn6hIZ0g
— Ashley Zavala (@ZavalaA) May 16, 2019
The lawsuit escalates the conflict between California and the Trump administration over a project that aims to make the state a leader in advanced transportation. https://t.co/p2CvVkP9Qc
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) May 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit LA Times. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- VIDEO: Trump explains why he talks about a third term
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop