BREAKING: Census Judge Deals Blow to Trump Administration’s Plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
A federal judge rejected a request by the Trump administration to assign a new legal team to a lawsuit that blocked the U.S. from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census.
U.S. District Judge Jesse Furman in Manhattan called the government’s request “patently deficient,” adding that the U.S. had provided “no reasons, let alone ’satisfactory reasons,’ for the substitution of counsel.”
The article goes on to state the following.
Government officials have been searching for a way to insert the citizenship question on the census following a Supreme Court ruling that put the administration’s plan on hold because its rationale for the query was “contrived.” The forms for the once-a-decade headcount must be prepared soon to meet the deadline for 2020.
The “mere expectation that withdrawal of current counsel will not cause any disruption is not good enough,” Furman reportedly wrote in the Tuesday order.
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) July 9, 2019
A federal judge has rejected a request by the Trump admin to assign a new legal team to a lawsuit that blocked the U.S. from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census, Bloomberg News reports.https://t.co/u2YmtNIxP1
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) July 9, 2019
Judge denies Trump administration’s request to swap most lawyers in census case pic.twitter.com/mROUTt6WDj
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments