BREAKING: Charges filed in New Mexico compound case
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBS6ALBANY.COM:
Five residents of a ramshackle desert compound were indicted Tuesday on firearms and conspiracy charges. Federal prosecutors in New Mexico say the group was preparing for violent attacks on government, military, educational and financial institutions.
Jany Leveille, 35; Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, 40; Hujrah Wahhaj, 37; Subhanah Wahhaj, 35; and Lucas Morton, 40, are scheduled to appear Wednesday in federal court in Albuquerque for arraignment and detention hearings, where public defenders are expected to be appointed to represent them.
The article goes on to state the following:
The grand jury indictment alleges they transported firearms and ammunition from Georgia to New Mexico in December 2017.
Prosecutors said the five, all members of an extended family, established a training camp and firing range in Amalia, New Mexico, where they stored firearms and ammunition and engaged in firearms and tactical training “as part of their common plan to prepare for violent attacks.”
Eleven children were removed from the squalid compound near the Colorado border during an Aug. 3 raid. Taos County authorities returned three days later and recovered the body of a severely disabled 3-year-old boy who they say was kidnapped by his father, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, in Georgia.
Residents of New Mexico compound indicted on federal charges https://t.co/32QhqgGb8z
— Fox News (@FoxNews) September 12, 2018
— NBC 15 (@mynbc15) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by CBS6ALBANY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBS6ALBANY.COM
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Buttigieg backs far-left idea of erasing Thomas Jefferson’s name: ‘It’s the right thing to do’
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?