BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
The Senate Judiciary Committee will on Thursday hear the testimony of Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor who has accused U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a decades-old incident of sexual assault, following protracted negotiations over whether and how she would appear.
The news comes as lawyers for Ford said on Saturday she had agreed in principle, even as they blasted the committee leadership for “bullying” their client. Ford’s agreement brings an end to a stalemate that lasted for more than a week, and overshadowed President Donald Trump’s second selection for a high court vacancy.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We committed to moving forward with an open hearing on Thursday, Sept 27 at 10:00 am,” wrote Ford’s lawyers, in a statement. “Despite actual threats to her safety and her life, Dr. Ford believes it is important for Senators to hear directly from her about the sexual assault committed against her.”
To weigh in on this information provided by CNBC, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake