BREAKING: Congress passes two-week funding extension to avert shutdown, sending to Trump’s desk
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ROLLCALL.COM:
An extension of temporary appropriations for nine Cabinet departments and dozens of smaller agencies through Dec. 21 is on its way to the president’s desk after the House and Senate passed the measure Thursday.
The legislation would extend current funding levels for two weeks and buy time to reach final agreement on outstanding spending issues, including President Donald Trump’s $5 billion southern border wall funding request. It also extends a number of expiring authorizations including Violence Against Women Act programs, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and the National Flood Insurance Program for the duration of the stopgap measure.
The article goes on to state the following:
After the House passed the measure by unanimous consent on Thursday, the Senate quickly took it up and passed it on a voice vote. That gives Trump more than 24 hours to sign the legislation before the current stopgap providing funding for those sections of government expires on Friday at midnight. Without the new stopgap in place, a partial shutdown of operations at those agencies would begin at 12:01 a.m.
BREAKING: Senate averts shutdown, postponing fight over Trump’s wall https://t.co/WHNRCDvpxn
— POLITICO (@politico) December 6, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) December 6, 2018
BREAKING: The House and Senate have passed a two-week extension of government funding, sending it to President Trump for his signature https://t.co/2FyaAOgQq4
— Roll Call (@rollcall) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit ROLLCALL.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ROLLCALL.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems