BREAKING: Country announces world’s largest lockdown to curb coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
NEW DELHI (AP) — India will begin the world’s largest lockdown, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced in a TV address Tuesday night, warning that anyone going outside risked inviting the coronavirus inside their homes, and pledging $2 billion to bolster the country’s beleaguered health care system.
“To save India and every Indian, there will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes,” Modi said, adding that if the country failed to manage the next 21 days, it could be set back by 21 years.
The article goes on to state the following:
India’s stay-at-home order puts nearly one-fifth of the world’s population under lockdown.
As of Tuesday morning, India had 519 cases of coronavirus, and 10 deaths.
Modi tweeted Tuesday, “My fellow citizens, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO PANIC. Essential commodities, medicines etc. would be available. Centre and various state governments will work in close coordination to ensure this. Together, we will fight COVID-19 and create a healthier India. Jai Hind!”
My fellow citizens,
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO PANIC.
Essential commodities, medicines etc. would be available. Centre and various state governments will work in close coordination to ensure this.
Together, we will fight COVID-19 and create a healthier India.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 24, 2020
No one to step out of their homes, India takes a big step to stop the spread of Corona in India. 500 cases so far. https://t.co/H782IMpeLk
— Rana Ayyub (@RanaAyyub) March 24, 2020
— Sky News (@SkyNews) March 24, 2020
#BREAKING: Official orders for 21 days lockdown in #India 🇮🇳 issued by the Government of India to prevent spread of #CoronaVirus, minutes after Prime Minister @narendramodi’s address to the nation tonight. #COVID2019 pic.twitter.com/tTJVSJ8V4E
— Aditya Raj Kaul (@AdityaRajKaul) March 24, 2020
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) March 24, 2020
— Azzam Ameen (@AzzamAmeen) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results