BREAKING: Court cites free speech in striking down part of federal law over statements on illegal immigration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A federal appeals court has tossed out parts of a law that would punish those who would knowingly encourage immigrants to come to, or remain, in the U.S. illegally.
A three-judge panel of the San Francisco-based 9th Circuit concluded the federal law unconstitutionally bans a range of protected speech.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Justice Department prosecuted a San Jose woman who ran an immigration consulting firm, for allegedly helping arrange green cards for those working in the country illegally. The judges concluded the law’s reach was overbroad.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi cancels trip, spokesman releases scathing statement, blames Trump for ‘leaks’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- BREAKING: Pelosi breaks her silence, accuses Trump of outing trip, putting her in danger (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter