BREAKING: Cummings threatens salaries of Trump officials
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Tuesday threatened to withhold the salaries of White House officials who enforce nondisclosure agreements that lack protections for federal whistleblowers.
The move is the latest effort by Cummings to demand documents from a defiant Trump administration by invoking the congressional power of the purse and threatening officials’ pay.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cummings sent a letter to acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney renewing a request for documents regarding nondisclosure agreements for White House staff to determine whether they include language verifying protections for whistleblowers providing information to Congress about potential wrongdoing.
“Gag orders without this required language could chill employees from reporting violations of law, waste, fraud, and abuse. As a result, the salaries of officials who enforce such illegal nondisclosure agreements may be withheld, according to federal law,” Cummings wrote.
— Oversight Committee (@OversightDems) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales