BREAKING: Cummings threatens salaries of Trump officials
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Tuesday threatened to withhold the salaries of White House officials who enforce nondisclosure agreements that lack protections for federal whistleblowers.
The move is the latest effort by Cummings to demand documents from a defiant Trump administration by invoking the congressional power of the purse and threatening officials’ pay.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cummings sent a letter to acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney renewing a request for documents regarding nondisclosure agreements for White House staff to determine whether they include language verifying protections for whistleblowers providing information to Congress about potential wrongdoing.
“Gag orders without this required language could chill employees from reporting violations of law, waste, fraud, and abuse. As a result, the salaries of officials who enforce such illegal nondisclosure agreements may be withheld, according to federal law,” Cummings wrote.
— Oversight Committee (@OversightDems) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- REPORT: Bill Gates dethroned, no longer second richest person in the world
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar to introduce resolution supporting Israel boycotts [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Black Conservative Shreds Ayanna Pressley’s Racial Purity Comments