BREAKING: Dems plan 12-hour marathon Mueller report reading
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A group of more than 20 Democratic lawmakers are planning a marathon-style reading of special counsel Robert Mueller’s redacted report at the Capitol on Thursday.
The office of Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon (D-Pa.), the vice chairwoman of the House Judiciary Committee, confirmed the plans to The Hill on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Scanlon told The Washington Post that she devised the plan because of the “no collusion” and “no obstruction” claims made in the wake of the Mueller report.
“We’ve been saying for weeks that if you think there was no obstruction and no collusion, you haven’t read the Mueller report,” Scanlon said. “So the ongoing quest has been how do we get that story out there while we are waiting for the witnesses to come in.”
Scanlon added that lawmakers would conduct the reading inside the House Rules Committee Room inside the Capitol. She said that the group would read all 448 pages of the report and that the reading would stretch between 12 and 14 hours.
Safeguarding our democracy is a responsibility we all share. We will be live streaming a full reading of the entire redacted Mueller report #ForThePeople on Thursday starting at 12PM. An audio book version will be available once we are through👍🏽. https://t.co/XBdBI4uRUi
— Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon (@RepMGS) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- REPORT: Thousands Of Migrants Accept Free Rides Home Under UN-Run Program
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)