BREAKING: DeSantis demands resignations from entire South Florida water board
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TAMPABAY.COM:
After a whirlwind day visiting both coasts to announce sweeping measures to address the state’s environmental woes, Florida’s new governor demanded water managers overseeing efforts to fix the Everglades step down.
At an afternoon meeting in Stuart, Gov. Ron DeSantis said he wanted the nine-member board at the South Florida Water Management District to resign because he believed they failed to understand the toll endured by communities by repeated hammering from dirty lake water released into coastal rivers.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I just want good people who are willing to do the right thing,” he said.
Board members infuriated the new governor in November when they voted to extend a lease to sugar farmers two days after the election. News of the vote was posted the night before the meeting, with less than 12 hours notice. U.S. Rep. Brian Mast, R-Palm City, who headed up DeSantis’ environmental transition team, raced down to the meeting and urged board members to put off the vote, but they refused.
BREAKING: Gov. DeSantis to Water Board: LEAVE!
Florida’s new Governor @RonDeSantisFL is demanding the entire board of the South Florida Water Management District (all appointees of Governor Rick Scott) resign.
— Greg Angel (@NewsGuyGreg) January 10, 2019
Ron DeSantis demands resignations from South Florida water board https://t.co/om48sgRrlu
— Tampa Bay Times (@TB_Times) January 10, 2019
— South Florida Sun Sentinel (@SunSentinel) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TAMPABAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march