BREAKING: DeSantis demands resignations from entire South Florida water board
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TAMPABAY.COM:
After a whirlwind day visiting both coasts to announce sweeping measures to address the state’s environmental woes, Florida’s new governor demanded water managers overseeing efforts to fix the Everglades step down.
At an afternoon meeting in Stuart, Gov. Ron DeSantis said he wanted the nine-member board at the South Florida Water Management District to resign because he believed they failed to understand the toll endured by communities by repeated hammering from dirty lake water released into coastal rivers.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I just want good people who are willing to do the right thing,” he said.
Board members infuriated the new governor in November when they voted to extend a lease to sugar farmers two days after the election. News of the vote was posted the night before the meeting, with less than 12 hours notice. U.S. Rep. Brian Mast, R-Palm City, who headed up DeSantis’ environmental transition team, raced down to the meeting and urged board members to put off the vote, but they refused.
BREAKING: Gov. DeSantis to Water Board: LEAVE!
Florida’s new Governor @RonDeSantisFL is demanding the entire board of the South Florida Water Management District (all appointees of Governor Rick Scott) resign.
— Greg Angel (@NewsGuyGreg) January 10, 2019
Ron DeSantis demands resignations from South Florida water board https://t.co/om48sgRrlu
— Tampa Bay Times (@TB_Times) January 10, 2019
— South Florida Sun Sentinel (@SunSentinel) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TAMPABAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TAMPABAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan