BREAKING: Exclusive: Former VA gov calls on Fairfax to resign following second accusation
Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) called on Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax to resign after a second woman accused Fairfax of sexual assault
On Friday, a woman came forward alleging Fairfax raped her in 2000 while they were students at Duke University. In a statement, Fairfax denied the woman’s allegation.
“It is demonstrably false,” he said. “I have never forced myself on anyone ever.”
“Mr. Fairfax’s attack was premeditated and aggressive,” the law firm’s statement reads. “The two were friends but never dated or had any romantic relationship.”
The allegation is the second sexual assault allegation to be leveled at Fairfax.
Following the report, McAuliffe tweeted, “The allegations against Justin Fairfax are serious and credible. It is clear to me that he can no longer effectively serve the people of Virginia as Lieutenant Governor. I call for his immediate resignation.”
McAuliffe also called on his successor, Ralph Northam (D), to resign last week, after a medical school yearbook page for Northam was discovered to include a picture showing a man wearing blackface and another dressed in a Ku Klux Klan robe.
“This has been a heartbreaking day. Ralph Northam is my friend and he served well as my Lt. Governor and as Governor. His actions on display in this photo were racist, unacceptable and inexcusable at any age and any time,” McAuliffe tweeted last Friday. “The situation that he has put himself and the Commonwealth of Virginia in is untenable. It’s time for Ralph to step down, and for the Commonwealth to move forward.”
The allegations against Justin Fairfax are serious and credible. It is clear to me that he can no longer effectively serve the people of Virginia as Lieutenant Governor. I call for his immediate resignation.
— Terry McAuliffe (@TerryMcAuliffe) February 8, 2019
NEW: Former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe calls for “immediate resignation” of Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax after second woman comes forward https://t.co/iSyyW2600B
— The Virginian-Pilot (@virginianpilot) February 8, 2019
Former Gov. McAuliffe calls for Lt. Gov. Fairfax’s resignation. https://t.co/oWHeffsyxF
— NBC29 (@NBC29) February 8, 2019
McAuliffe, who preceded Northam as governor of Virginia, becomes one of the first prominent Democrats to call for Fairfax’s resignation. He also called for Northam to step down last week. Both men have said they plan to stay on. https://t.co/LZsaj8vhdR
— Gabe Fleisher (@WakeUp2Politics) February 8, 2019
— Pete DeLuca NBC29 (@PDeLuca29) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit PILOTONLINE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting PILOTONLINE.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- TRUMP TWEET: Pokes at Dems – and one Republican – in new SOTU video montage (WATCH)
- REPORT: Feds seize MASSIVE cocaine shipments, hidden in floorboards of ships
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- VIDEO: Pence met with silence after mentioning Trump in Munich speech
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against creeping socialism in America