BREAKING: Fairfax issues statement on 2nd sexual assault allegation (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NBC12.COM:
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) – A second accuser has come forward against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax and has called on him to resign.
The new allegation dates to 2000 when Fairfax and the alleged victim were students at Duke University.
The article goes on to state the following:
In a statement, Fairfax denied the claims and called it “demonstrably false” and that he has “never forced myself on anyone ever.”
Fairfax called for an investigation and said it “will confirm my account because I am telling the truth.” He also said he will not resign.
“I will clear my good name and have nothing to hide,” Fairfax’s statement said. “It is obvious that a vicious coordinated smear campaign is being orchestrated against me.”
WATCH: Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax responds to second accuser in a written statement. #MTPDaily
“I deny this latest unsubstantiated allegation. It is demonstrably false. I have never forced myself on anyone ever.” pic.twitter.com/3Ly8WEugYB
— Meet the Press (@MeetThePress) February 8, 2019
Statement from VA Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denying second sexual assault allegation, ends with “I will not resign.” pic.twitter.com/Tuj81iPRP7
— Sarah McCammon (@sarahmccammon) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBC12.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy
Send this to a friend