BREAKING: Federal judge drops bombshell on Trump’s drilling plans across the U.S.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
A federal judge ruled late Tuesday that the Interior Department violated federal law by failing to take into account the climate impact of its oil and gas leasing in the West.
The decision by U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia Judge Rudolph Contreras marks the first time the Trump administration has been held to account for the climate impact of its energy-dominance agenda, and it could have sweeping implications for the president’s plan to boost fossil fuel production across the country. Contreras concluded that Interior’s Bureau of Land Management “did not sufficiently consider climate change” when making decisions to auction off federal land in Wyoming to oil and gas drilling. The judge temporarily blocked drilling on roughly 300,000 acres of land in the state.
The article goes on to state the following:
The initial ruling in the case brought by two advocacy groups, WildEarth Guardians and Physicians for Social Responsibility, has implications for oil and gas drilling on federal land throughout the West. In the decision, Contreras faulted the agency’s environmental assessments as inadequate because it did not detail how individual drilling projects contributed to the nation’s overall carbon output. Since greenhouse gas emissions are driving climate change, the judge wrote, these analyses did not provide policymakers and the public with a sufficient understanding of drilling’s impact, as required under the National Environmental Policy Act.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report by the Washington Post.
Judge: Trump administration violated law with oil, gas projects that ignored climate impacts; blocks drilling on 300,000 acres https://t.co/uEBPNLd98u
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) March 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Footage emerges of Joe Biden’s senior adviser in 2016 slamming white people
- REPORT: ‘Game of Thrones’ actor speaks out about being sexually assaulted by female fans
- FBI conducts raid on major ‘body broker’ headquarters
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Gold-medalist volleyball star shockingly faints during live interview
- REPORT: Sri Lanka officials revise Easter attack death toll by over 100
- VIDEO: 11-Year-Old ‘Drag Queen’ Dances for Dollar Bills in Gay Bar, praised by ABC News
- BREAKING: Florida House votes on banning sanctuary cities
- BREAKING: Trump, White House release formal statements after McCain’s passing