BREAKING: Fight over Trump’s tax returns takes a new twist after Trump files appeal to judge’s order
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
President Trump was granted at least a brief reprieve Monday after a federal judge issued a scathing order allowing the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office to subpoena his tax returns from accounting firm Mazars USA.
The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals put the subpoena on hold after Trump’s attorneys filed an emergency appeal.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We are very pleased that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit has issued a stay of the subpoena issued by New York County District Attorney Cy Vance,” Trump attorney Jay Sekulow said.
The report states that “the administrative stay will only be in place while the court reviews the case,” but did not specify how long the reprieve could last.
Sekulow said in a video he posted Monday announcing the reprieve that the case may go all the way to the Supreme Court.
Radio: BREAKING: President Trump wins in NY Tax Return Fight https://t.co/MIKsBxRRT8
— Jay Sekulow (@JaySekulow) October 7, 2019
Appeals court quickly stays lower court ruling on Trump tax returns-this quick intervention to protect @RealDonaldTrump shows how far out lower court ruling is. “Coup” isn’t just in DC–Left is attempting to destroy president in courts all over country. https://t.co/MI8qSk3pjq
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) October 7, 2019
The Department of Justice has filed to participate as amicus counsel in the appeal of the district court’s dismissal of President Donald Trump’s lawsuit to block a subpoena for his tax returns.
The department said it would participate in support of Trump.
— erica orden (@eorden) October 7, 2019
— David Schreck (@StrategicThghts) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race