BREAKING: First Muslim woman elected to House of Representatives
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Rashida Tlaib, a 42-year-old Michigan Democrat, became the first Muslim woman elected to Congress on Tuesday.
Tlaib ran unopposed in Michigan’s 13th district House race, but fended off a last-minute write-in challenge from a woman she defeated in the August primary.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The first thing I think about when somebody says you’re going to be the first Muslim is celebrate this moment,” Tlaib told CBS News.
— New York Post (@nypost) November 7, 2018
— Democracy for America (@DFAaction) November 7, 2018
MICHIGAN DID A THING ❤
— ⭐ Griffin Candey ⭐ (@griffincandey) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears $2,400 leather corset to pose for glamorous magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Tomi Lahren mocks Michelle Obama’s dig at Trump inauguration
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk