BREAKING: First Muslim woman elected to House of Representatives
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Rashida Tlaib, a 42-year-old Michigan Democrat, became the first Muslim woman elected to Congress on Tuesday.
Tlaib ran unopposed in Michigan’s 13th district House race, but fended off a last-minute write-in challenge from a woman she defeated in the August primary.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The first thing I think about when somebody says you’re going to be the first Muslim is celebrate this moment,” Tlaib told CBS News.
— New York Post (@nypost) November 7, 2018
— Democracy for America (@DFAaction) November 7, 2018
MICHIGAN DID A THING ❤
— ⭐ Griffin Candey ⭐ (@griffincandey) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist