BREAKING: Florida House votes on banning sanctuary cities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Florida House passed a bill Wednesday that would ban sanctuary cities from existing in the state.
The high-profile bill sponsored by state Rep. Cord Byrd (R), if signed into law, would require local law enforcement agencies to work with federal immigration authorities in identifying undocumented immigrants, according to CBS 4 Miami.
The article goes on to state the following:
The GOP-led House voted 69-47 nearly along party lines to pass the measure Wednesday. A similar bill is currently in the state Senate as well.
The bill would also punish local governments for not complying with the ban with a fine of $5,000 for each day a sanctuary city policy is in place.
NEW: Florida House passes bill to ban “sanctuary cities” and requires state and local law enforcement to cooperate with immigration authorities. https://t.co/JIOcDgU4Um
— Kyle Morris (@RealKyleMorris) April 24, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry