BREAKING: Flynn contacted GOP Mueller critic while cooperating with special counsel
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
Washington (CNN) — While he was cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn contacted at least one member of Congress who was publicly criticizing the special counsel probe, according to messages obtained by CNN.
Flynn sent Twitter direct messages to Rep. Matt Gaetz, encouraging the Florida Republican to “keep the pressure on.” It’s not clear if Flynn sent additional messages to other lawmakers.
The article goes on to state the following:
“You stay on top of what you’re doing. Your leadership is so vital for our country now. Keep the pressure on,” Flynn wrote in an April 2018 message to Gaetz, which was obtained by CNN.
One oddity in all of this: Gaetz confirmed the messages and said he hadn’t had a prior relationship with Flynn or his son. He also didn’t respond to the outreach.
A Mueller spokesman declined to comment and deferred to Mueller’s final report.https://t.co/D5HeoX74pd
— Kyle Cheney (@kyledcheney) May 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- REPORT: Thousands Of Migrants Accept Free Rides Home Under UN-Run Program
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)