BREAKING: Former 2020 candidate asked to undergo Biden VP vetting process
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Senator Amy Klobuchar, Democrat of Minnesota, has been asked by Joe Biden to undergo a formal vetting to be considered as his vice presidential running mate, one of several potential contenders now being scrutinized by his aides ahead of a final decision, according to people familiar with the moves.
The request for information from potential running mates like Klobuchar “is underway,” a senior Biden campaign aide tells CBS News. If a potential contender consents, she should be poised to undergo a rigorous multi-week review of her public and private life and work by a hand-picked group of Biden confidantes, who will review tax returns, public speeches, voting records, past personal relationships and potentially scandalous details from her past.
The article goes on to state the following:
While several are expected to consent to a vetting, at least one potential contender has bowed out. Senator Jeanne Shaheen, Democrat of New Hampshire, who is running for reelection this year, declined Biden’s invitation to be considered, according to a person familiar with her decision. But Senator Maggie Hassan, the other New Hampshire senator, has agreed to be vetted, according to local news reports.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial