BREAKING: Former governor suspends Democrat presidential campaign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Deval Patrick, the 63-year-old former governor of Massachusetts has suspended his run in the Democratic presidential race.
“The vote in New Hampshire last night was not enough for us to create the practical wind at the campaign’s back to go on to the next round of voting. So I have decided to suspend the campaign, effective immediately,” he wrote supporters on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Patrick, who joined the 2020 presidential race in November, said he aimed to be the alternative choice for voters who are unsatisfied with the current candidates.However, his polling numbers were never competitive and the two-term governor never made it to a debate stage.
ABC News noted that Deval “was governor of Massachusetts from 2007 to 2015 and was the fist African American elected to the position.”
.@DevalPatrick suspends his campaign after NH primary result. “New Hampshire last night was not enough for us to create the practical wind at the campaign’s back to go on to the next round of voting. So I have decided to suspend the campaign, effective immediately.” pic.twitter.com/jJy4eQj1Rq
— Ali Vitali (@alivitali) February 12, 2020
NEW: Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick suspends his 2020 presidential bid. https://t.co/LJLfbFrOlJ
— ABC News (@ABC) February 12, 2020
First on CNN: Deval Patrick, the former Massachusetts governor who in November made a late entrance into the Democratic 2020 race, decided to end his campaign on Wednesday, he tells CNN in a statement.
Our story: https://t.co/w65kuF87jm
— Dan Merica (@merica) February 12, 2020
Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, the last remaining African American candidate in a Democratic presidential field once defined by its diversity, ended his 2020 campaign after his late bid failed to catch fire or resonate with voters. https://t.co/4kdPIwZ6CC
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) February 12, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- OpEd: Bernie Sanders may have just lost Florida to President Trump
- VIDEO: Cops name ‘extremely dangerous’ twice-deported suspect wanted for cemetery murders
- REPORT: Police told a mother her DNA would identify a dead relative. They arrested her son instead.
- VIDEO: Biden threatens gun manufacturers in fiery town hall speech
- REPORT: Clint Eastwood breaks his silence, makes surprising endorsement for 2020 presidential candidate
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- VIDEO: Ex-ambassador responds to Biden’s claim of getting arrested in South Africa