BREAKING: Former Ohio State Wrestler Recants Claim That Jim Jordan Knew Of Sexual Abuse
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
A former Ohio State University wrestler is recanting his claims that Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan knew of sexual abuse allegations against a university physician when he coached wrestling at the school over 20 years ago.
“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Mark Coleman, a former MMA fighter who wrestled at Ohio State when Jordan coached there, said in a statement.
“I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Coleman is the first former OSU wrestler to recant his claims that Jordan knew about sexual abuse at the hands of Dr. Richard Strauss, an OSU physician accused of molesting dozens of student-athletes.
Jordan, who was an assistant coach at OSU from 1986 to 1994, was first linked to the allegations against Strauss in an NBC News article published July 3. A former wrestler named Mike DiSabato led the push to accuse Jordan of turning a blind eye to Strauss’s behavior.
Jordan, who is mounting a bid for Speaker of the House, has vehemently denied knowing about Strauss’s actions. He has said that he would have taken action had he known about them. OSU is conducting an investigation into Strauss, who committed suicide in 2005.
A former OSU wrestler who accused Rep. Jim Jordan of ignoring abuse appears to change claim, saying in a press release that his previous comments “were not accurate.” https://t.co/IZ90Bhvmxk
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 10, 2018
Mark Coleman, one of th Jordan accusers, recants accusations against @Jim_Jordan.
“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior.” https://t.co/zXax2Fj4tI#speakerjordan #TeaParty
— Jenny Beth Martin (@jennybethm) August 9, 2018
Rep Jim Jordan is owed the deepest of apologies.
— David Bellavia (@DavidBellavia) August 10, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYCALLER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Mark Levin: Schiff awakened ‘sleeping giant’ with impeachment
- REPORT: Maxine Waters fires back at Ben Carson
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: Liberal Democrat lawyer backs Trump after impeachment hearings
- REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
- REPORT: Republican tells Eric Swalwell to ‘shut up’ during impeachment hearing
- VIDEO: Schiff’s closing remarks compare Trump and Nixon