BREAKING: Gillum opens door to recount in Florida governor results
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum’s (D) campaign said Thursday that it was open to the possibility of asking for a recount as elections officials continue to count late ballots in the hard-fought race to become Florida’s next governor.
Gillum conceded defeat to former Rep. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday night. The most recent results show DeSantis leading Gillum by about 43,000 votes, or 0.6 percentage points.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Democrats, led by Sen. Bill Nelson’s (D) campaign, are waiting on what they say are tens of thousands of ballots left to be counted or reviewed in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Gillum spokeswoman Johanna Cervone said in a statement Thursday that the campaign was paying close attention to the late counts.
DEVELOPING: Gillum campaign: “It has become clear there are many more uncounted ballots than was originally reported. Our campaign, along with our attorney … is ready for any outcome,” including a potential recount, and “we are committed to ensuring” every vote is counted.
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 8, 2018
I’m looking forward to seeing every vote counted. https://t.co/WT86K6Od7T
— Andrew Gillum (@AndrewGillum) November 8, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump announces his nominee to replace Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Judges issue rulings affecting heated Georgia governor race
- REPORT: Singer Pink’s husband publishes fierce warning to California wildfire looters
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus releases statement after home burns down in California wildfire
- VIDEO: More details released on Monica Lewinsky’s upcoming tell-all on Clinton affair
- TRUMP TWEET: Why he missed cemetery event in France
- REPORT: Miley Cyrus’ fiancé Liam Hemsworth shares photo of fire ravaged home
- EXCLUSIVE: Snipes explains ballot box left in rental car that shut down airport (VIDEOS, PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Tomi Lahren mocks Michelle Obama’s dig at Trump inauguration
- REPORT: FDA recalls another blood pressure drug for possible cancer risk