BREAKING: Gillum opens door to recount in Florida governor results
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum’s (D) campaign said Thursday that it was open to the possibility of asking for a recount as elections officials continue to count late ballots in the hard-fought race to become Florida’s next governor.
Gillum conceded defeat to former Rep. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday night. The most recent results show DeSantis leading Gillum by about 43,000 votes, or 0.6 percentage points.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Democrats, led by Sen. Bill Nelson’s (D) campaign, are waiting on what they say are tens of thousands of ballots left to be counted or reviewed in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Gillum spokeswoman Johanna Cervone said in a statement Thursday that the campaign was paying close attention to the late counts.
DEVELOPING: Gillum campaign: “It has become clear there are many more uncounted ballots than was originally reported. Our campaign, along with our attorney … is ready for any outcome,” including a potential recount, and “we are committed to ensuring” every vote is counted.
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) November 8, 2018
I’m looking forward to seeing every vote counted. https://t.co/WT86K6Od7T
— Andrew Gillum (@AndrewGillum) November 8, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)