BREAKING: GOP chooses challenger to face Dem for Pennsylvania governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — State senator and waste-hauling millionaire Scott Wagner won Tuesday’s three-way Republican primary contest to challenge Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf, capping a personal spending spree that helped make Wagner the front-runner and the GOP’s endorsed candidate.
Wagner defeated two first-time candidates from the Pittsburgh area, Paul Mango and Laura Ellsworth, surviving weeks of Mango’s sharp-elbowed attack ads that painted Wagner as sleazy, greedy and a “deadbeat dad.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Along the way, Wagner pumped more than $10 million of his own cash into his campaign, and he spread hundreds of thousands more around the state since last year to boost GOP committees and candidates.
BREAKING: Pennsylvania state Sen. Scott Wagner, a waste-hauling millionaire who has promised to clean up state government, wins Republican nomination to challenge Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf. https://t.co/Fj9c675h7y pic.twitter.com/ZfOEmFKkg4
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) May 16, 2018
In Pennsylvania’s Republican primary, only 27% of the votes have been tallied so far, but it’s looking pretty close for gubernatorial candidates Paul Mango and Scott Wagner.
— POLITICO (@politico) May 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake