BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
GOP Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) on Wednesday said that she would support a resolution to block President Trump‘s emergency declaration to construct the U.S.-Mexico border wall.
Collins, speaking to reporters in Maine, said that she would support a resolution of disapproval that was focused on the emergency declaration, which she has described as being of “dubious constitutionality.”
The article goes on to state the following:
A spokeswoman for Collins didn’t immediately respond to The Hill’s request for comment. But Collins has spoken out strongly against Trump’s actions, arguing that the National Emergencies Act wasn’t meant to be used to shuffle around money to build a border wall.
“If it’s a ‘clean’ disapproval resolution, I will support it,” she told reporters, according to the Associated Press
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) February 20, 2019
— Bangor Daily News (@bangordailynews) February 20, 2019
— Eliza Collins (@elizacollins1) February 20, 2019
— WMTW TV (@WMTWTV) February 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- NYC law professor bashes white people in op-ed