BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
GOP Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) on Wednesday said that she would support a resolution to block President Trump‘s emergency declaration to construct the U.S.-Mexico border wall.
Collins, speaking to reporters in Maine, said that she would support a resolution of disapproval that was focused on the emergency declaration, which she has described as being of “dubious constitutionality.”
The article goes on to state the following:
A spokeswoman for Collins didn’t immediately respond to The Hill’s request for comment. But Collins has spoken out strongly against Trump’s actions, arguing that the National Emergencies Act wasn’t meant to be used to shuffle around money to build a border wall.
“If it’s a ‘clean’ disapproval resolution, I will support it,” she told reporters, according to the Associated Press
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) February 20, 2019
— Bangor Daily News (@bangordailynews) February 20, 2019
— Eliza Collins (@elizacollins1) February 20, 2019
— WMTW TV (@WMTWTV) February 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute