BREAKING: GOP Senator to oppose Trump’s AG nominee
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) said on Monday that he will oppose President Trump’s attorney general nominee, becoming the first Republican to come out as a “no” vote on William Barr.
Paul told Politico that he had concerns about Barr’s record on privacy, calling him a “chief advocate for warrantless surveillance of U.S. citizens.”
The article goes on to state the following:
A spokesman for Paul didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. The libertarian-leaning GOP senator had previously raised concerns about Barr, who also served as attorney general to President George H.W. Bush.
With Paul voting no and Jones voting aye, Barr, who passed out of committee on a party-line vote, is still on track for a 53-47 confirmation assuming all other senators vote as expected. https://t.co/OIADgKRjLr
— Zach C. Cohen (@Zachary_Cohen) February 11, 2019
Sen. Rand Paul said Monday that will vote against confirming President Donald Trump’s nominee for attorney general, William Barr, citing his record on privacy issues https://t.co/sSKLIvOdp4
— POLITICO (@politico) February 12, 2019
— Marianne LeVine (@marianne_levine) February 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry