BREAKING: GOP Senator to oppose Trump’s AG nominee
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) said on Monday that he will oppose President Trump’s attorney general nominee, becoming the first Republican to come out as a “no” vote on William Barr.
Paul told Politico that he had concerns about Barr’s record on privacy, calling him a “chief advocate for warrantless surveillance of U.S. citizens.”
The article goes on to state the following:
A spokesman for Paul didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. The libertarian-leaning GOP senator had previously raised concerns about Barr, who also served as attorney general to President George H.W. Bush.
With Paul voting no and Jones voting aye, Barr, who passed out of committee on a party-line vote, is still on track for a 53-47 confirmation assuming all other senators vote as expected. https://t.co/OIADgKRjLr
— Zach C. Cohen (@Zachary_Cohen) February 11, 2019
Sen. Rand Paul said Monday that will vote against confirming President Donald Trump’s nominee for attorney general, William Barr, citing his record on privacy issues https://t.co/sSKLIvOdp4
— POLITICO (@politico) February 12, 2019
— Marianne LeVine (@marianne_levine) February 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet