BREAKING: Governor of midwestern state resigns amid ongoing scandal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens, who is facing possible impeachment over an extramarital affair and allegations of misuse of a charity donor list, said he will resign this Friday.
“I came to Missouri to fight for the people … I thank all the people who worked beside me … the last few months have been incredibly difficult,” he said. “This ordeal has been designed to cause an incredible amount of strain on my family … designed to cause maximum damage.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The announcement came the same day Cole County Circuit Judge Jon Beetem ruled that a secret group supporting Greitens, A New Missouri, must turn over correspondence and documents showing potential coordination between Greitens, his campaign committee and A New Missouri.
Watch his breif statement HERE.
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Trump blasts Google over report of manipulated voters
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Trump trolls with meme of Trump Tower in Greenland
- VIDEO: FEC chair: Trump is ‘damaging to our democracy’
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry