BREAKING: Gunman at Maryland high school DEAD, 2 injured (Video)
At approximately 7:45 am Tuesday, just as students were reporting for classes at Great Mills High School in St. Mary’s County, Maryland, a student with a handgun shot two students in a hallway.
A female student and another male student were both shot by the male gunman. An armed school resource officer then engaged with the gunman.
At 10:41 Tuesday morning, the student gunman was pronounced deceased, by Sheriff Tim Cameron at a press conference.
The female student is reported to be in critical condition, and the male student in stable condition.
The FBI and ATF are also investigating, a reporter for WJZ News reported.
Maryland Governor Larry Hogan just issued a statement on Twitter, saying, “The school shooting that took place this morning at Great Mills High School remains an active investigation, and Maryland State Police are on the scene assisting local and federal law enforcement. I want to express my deepest gratitude to the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office and all of the first responders who swiftly and bravely took action to secure the school. The First Lady and I are praying for those who were injured, their families and loved ones, and for the entire Great Mills community as they come together to heal in the wake of this horrific situation.
“But prayers are not enough. Although our pain remains fresh and the facts remain uncertain, today’s horrible events should not be an excuse to pause our conversation about school safety. Instead, it must serve as a call to action.”
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) March 20, 2018
Students are being evacuated from GMHS and being bused to the reunification center at the Leonardtown HS campus. The building is orderly and the Sheriff’s Office is conducting an investigation. We will continue to update as more information becomes available.
— SMCPS_MD (@SMCPS_MD) March 20, 2018
“Our school resource officer who was stationed inside the school was alerted…he pursued the shooter, engaged the shooter, during which that engagement he fired a round at the shooter. Simultaneously, the shooter fired a round as well,” official says of Maryland school shooting pic.twitter.com/5nlwZovPkH
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 20, 2018
BREAKING: Gunman in Maryland high school shooting is dead, police say. https://t.co/ZoL8qkCMsE
• Female student in critical condition
• Male student in stable condition
• School resource officer engaged the gunman, per police pic.twitter.com/HEBVHJZhhV
— NBC News (@NBCNews) March 20, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?