BREAKING: House Intel Committee investigating Trump lawyers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — The Democratic-led House Intelligence Committee is investigating whether personal lawyers for President Donald Trump and his family tried to obstruct special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation by helping Michael Cohen deliver false testimony.
The committee’s chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., sent letters to four lawyers requesting documents related to Cohen, who told Congress in public testimony in February that the attorneys helped edit inaccurate testimony from 2017 that Cohen gave to lawmakers about a Trump Tower project in Moscow.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Among other things, it appears that your clients may have reviewed, shaped and edited the false statement that Cohen submitted to the committee, including causing the omission of material facts,” Schiff said in one of the letters obtained by NBC News on Tuesday. The story was first reported by The New York Times.
President Trump will stonewall every request for oversight, while blaming Democrats for the delay.
We will press on, because if we don’t, Trump will escape scrutiny and we won’t be able to hold future presidents accountable for abuse of power, malfeasance or corruption. pic.twitter.com/pBq10YEwfJ
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) May 13, 2019
Democratic-led House Intel Cmte. is investigating whether personal lawyers for President Trump and his family tried to obstruct Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation by helping Michael Cohen deliver false testimony. https://t.co/k929Wf4QBF
— NBC News (@NBCNews) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Uber driver allegedly kidnapped teen girl during ride home from Sweet 16 party
- REPORT: George Conway sends stern ‘order’ to White House to remove Trump
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Jussie Smollett Case Gets Special Prosecutor
- REPORT: Reporter Tries To Buy Gun At Walmart; Gets Unexpected Outcome: ‘Far More Complicated Than I Expected’
- REPORT: Thousands Of Migrants Accept Free Rides Home Under UN-Run Program
- Trump and Norway’s Prime Minister hold joint press briefing (videos)