BREAKING: House passes $867 billion farm bill, giving Trump major win
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House on Wednesday passed an $867 billion farm bill to help those in the agricultural industry, sending the legislation to President Trump for a signature.
The measure easily passed the lower chamber by a 369-47 vote.
The article goes on to state the following:
The legislation, which passed the Senate in an 87-13 vote on Tuesday, expands farm subsidies and includes language legalizing hemp production.
It also provides funding for farmers markets and programs for organic farmers as well as authorizes funding for nutrition programs over the next five years.
At a time when America’s farmers and ranchers face steep challenges, this #FarmBill delivers certainty, expands access to broadband, better manages our forests, and makes important progress toward alleviating poverty. I look forward to sending this to the president’s desk. pic.twitter.com/Wk6cezZkJI
— Paul Ryan (@SpeakerRyan) December 12, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Man forced neighbors do chores so ‘they knew what it was like to be slaves’
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him
- REPORT: Dominican model in ‘love triangle between David Ortiz and a drug lord’