BREAKING: House subpoenas Sondland, compelling him to testify, produce documents
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats issued a subpoena Tuesday evening for Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, to testify and produce documents in their impeachment inquiry into President Trump.
The subpoena, which mandates that Sondland appear before Congress for a deposition on Oct. 16 and provide documents by Oct. 14, comes after the State Department barred his testimony.
The article goes on to state the following:
“In light of Secretary Pompeo’s direct intervention to block your appearance before our Committees, we are left with no choice but to compel your appearance at a deposition pursuant to the enclosed subpoena,” Reps. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), the chairs of the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight Committees, respectively, wrote in a letter to Sondland.
“The ambassador, a Republican donor and former hotel executive, was expected to be questioned on the role that he and other officials played in crafting a statement in August in which Ukraine would commit to opening a corruption investigation involving Mr. Biden in exchange for a White House meeting between Mr. Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky,” the Wall Street Journal reports.
Rep. Adam Schiff (D – Calif.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said barring Sondland from testifying and producing documents is “additional, strong evidence of obstruction of the constitutional functions of Congress.”
#BREAKING Chairmen @RepAdamSchiff, @RepEliotEngel, & @RepCummings subpoenaed Ambassador Gordon Sondland to testify next Wednesday and produce documents recovered from his personal devices before the deposition. https://t.co/OeEdhwNHEt
— Oversight Committee (@OversightDems) October 8, 2019
NEWS: Schiff/Engel/Cummings have now issued the subpoena to Gordon Sondland. It compels him to appear for testimony on October 16th with a document submission deadline of October 14. https://t.co/8kvLDGoxVp
— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) October 8, 2019
US House sends Gordon Sondland a letter “conveying a subpoena that compels him to testify at a deposition next Wednesday and to produce documents recovered from his personal devices before the deposition,” statement from Schiff, Engel, Cummings says. https://t.co/suWv4HSPTo
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) October 8, 2019
Trump prevented a key witness from testifying today.
Ambassador Sondland participated in conversations and texts about whether a White House meeting and military aid were conditioned on Ukraine’s willingness to help Trump politically.
America deserves answers, not obstruction. pic.twitter.com/uDE2rPZnMO
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback