BREAKING: Hundreds of Justice Department alumni sign letter opposing Matthew Whitaker
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM:
WASHINGTON — More than 400 former Justice Department officials and attorneys have signed a statement saying they’re “disturbed” by President Donald Trump’s appointment of Matthew Whitaker as acting attorney general.
The list of signatories includes more than 300 former career Justice Department employees who served under both Democratic and Republican administrations, according to Protect Democracy, a government watchdog group involved in organizing the effort. It also includes political appointees, mostly appointed by Democratic presidents.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Because of our respect for our oaths of office and our personal experiences carrying out the Department’s mission, we are disturbed by the President’s appointment of Matthew Whitaker to serve as Acting Attorney General,” the statement signed by former DOJ officials and attorneys reads. “Mr. Whitaker has not been confirmed by the Senate, his qualifications to be the nation’s chief law enforcement officer have not been publicly reviewed, and he has not been fully vetted for any potential conflicts of interest.”
NEW: More than 400 Justice Department alumni have signed a statement saying they’re “disturbed” by Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker’s appointment https://t.co/1w6DJQ1XaQ pic.twitter.com/iY78sS46Z6
— Zoe Tillman (@ZoeTillman) December 4, 2018
NEW: More than 400 fmr DOJ officials & attorneys —incl. more than 300 fmr career DOJ employees who served under both Dem and GOP admins— have signed a statement saying they’re “disturbed” by Trump’s appointment of Matthew Whitaker as acting AG. https://t.co/r63YM8yIy8 @ZoeTillman
— Evan Rosenfeld (@Evan_Rosenfeld) December 4, 2018
— Law & Crime (@lawcrimenews) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts