BREAKING: Iranian boats try to seize British tanker in Strait of Hormuz
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Five boats believed to belong to Iranian Revolutionary Guards approached a British oil tanker in the Gulf on Wednesday and asked it to stop in Iranian waters close by, but withdrew after a British warship warned them over radio, a U.S. defense official said.
“The UK’s Royal Navy frigate HMS Montros had been escorting the tanker,” the Jerusalem Post reports. “When given orders by the Iranian ships, the Navy frigate pointed its guns on the Iranians and warned them to back away. The Iranian ships backed away in response to the verbal warning.”
The Washington Examiner further reports the following:
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani warned Britain earlier in the day for previously seizing an Iranian tanker.
“The British unjustifiably seized the tanker in territorial waters of Spain where they occupy, as well as Gibraltar,” he said, according to Rouhani’s press office. “We must all work hard to ensure full security in shipping lines throughout the world, and I tell the British that they are the initiator of insecurity and you will understand its consequences later.”
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) July 10, 2019
NEW: A British warship prevented an apparent attempt by five Iranian small boats to direct a UK-flagged oil tanker toward Iranian waters on Wednesday, according to two U.S. officials. https://t.co/TNPdf84dvi
— ABC News (@ABC) July 11, 2019
Iranian boats ‘tried to stop British oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz’, say US officials https://t.co/X8iZIJEzTu
— The Independent (@Independent) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from