BREAKING: Jordan declares Republicans will subpoena the whistleblower
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Republicans intend to subpoena the government whistleblower to testify in the House’s impeachment investigation into President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, according to Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio).
The effort is not likely to bear fruit, as Democrats have rejected the idea of outing the anonymous figure, citing safety concerns, and they have veto power over any GOP subpoena requests for witness testimony.
The article goes on to state the following:
But Trump and his Republican allies in the Capitol have made the whistleblower a central part of their defense, casting doubts about the figure’s political motivations even as they readily acknowledge they don’t know the person’s identity.
In a Twitter post Thursday morning, Jordan said, “The “Whistleblower’s” lawyer called for a “coup” almost as soon as President Trump took office. All the more reason why we need to hear from the individual who started this whole impeachment sham. The “Whistleblower” should testify under oath and in person.”
The “Whistleblower’s” lawyer called for a “coup” almost as soon as President Trump took office.
All the more reason why we need to hear from the individual who started this whole impeachment sham.
The “Whistleblower” should testify under oath and in person. https://t.co/oSwhWuXm3j
— Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- BREAKING: CAPTURED: ‘Armed and dangerous’ suspect, 30, is caught and charged with kidnapping UFC fighter’s 19-year-old stepdaughter
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: GOP Rep. says impeachment hearings should be postponed due to new development