BREAKING: Judge rules mystery company owned by foreign country must comply with grand jury subpoena, suspected of being part of Mueller’s investigation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Days after a floor belonging to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit was shut down due to an argument shrouded in mystery, three circuit judges ruled Tuesday that a corporation owned by a foreign country must turn over information in a grand jury subpoena battle.
The federal appeals court ruled late Tuesday that the “the Corporation” owned by “Country A” must comply with the grand jury subpoena.
The article goes on to state the following:
The three-page ruling said that the company had sought to squash the subpoena because it is “immune under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act” and because the subpoena would “require the Corporation to Violate Country A’s domestic law.”
However, “[t]he district court denied the motion,” says the ruling, signed by Judges David S. Tatel, Thomas B. Griffith, and Stephen F. Williams.
The subpoena is suspected to be related to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference. The grand jury case was put on the docket in October, but CNN witnessed several lawyers from Mueller’s office going into the courtroom as early as early September. The courtroom involved an unknown defense team and a trial-level judge who oversees federal grand jury-related cases.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems