BREAKING: Judge rules mystery company owned by foreign country must comply with grand jury subpoena, suspected of being part of Mueller’s investigation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Days after a floor belonging to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit was shut down due to an argument shrouded in mystery, three circuit judges ruled Tuesday that a corporation owned by a foreign country must turn over information in a grand jury subpoena battle.
The federal appeals court ruled late Tuesday that the “the Corporation” owned by “Country A” must comply with the grand jury subpoena.
The article goes on to state the following:
The three-page ruling said that the company had sought to squash the subpoena because it is “immune under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act” and because the subpoena would “require the Corporation to Violate Country A’s domestic law.”
However, “[t]he district court denied the motion,” says the ruling, signed by Judges David S. Tatel, Thomas B. Griffith, and Stephen F. Williams.
The subpoena is suspected to be related to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference. The grand jury case was put on the docket in October, but CNN witnessed several lawyers from Mueller’s office going into the courtroom as early as early September. The courtroom involved an unknown defense team and a trial-level judge who oversees federal grand jury-related cases.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets