BREAKING: Justice Department releases opinion in fight for Trump’s tax returns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
The Justice Department on Friday supported Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s argument against turning over President Donald Trump’s tax returns.
In an opinion signed by Steven Engel, assistant attorney general for the Office of Legal Counsel, the agency agreed with Mnuchin’s determination that the House Ways and Means Committee’s subpoena did not have a “legitimate legislative purpose.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The opinion comes after Mnuchin defied a subpoena from the committee by not authorizing the IRS to give Trump’s personal and business tax returns to congress.
JUST IN: Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel has posted an opinion backing Treasury’s decision not to turn over Trump tax returns to Congress. https://t.co/NgcWl8KFty pic.twitter.com/ri24VaSOpN
— Matt Zapotosky (@mattzap) June 14, 2019
Congressional Committee’s R… by on Scribd
Justice Department backs Steven Mnuchin in fight for Trump’s tax returns https://t.co/sujmMMS9uF
— CNBC (@CNBC) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- VIDEO: Trump explains why he talks about a third term
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop