BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Saturday released documents related to the surveillance warrants on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page as part of the federal investigation into the Trump campaign and Russia.
The documents have been at the heart of a controversy over alleged bias at the FBI.
The heavily redacted application materials – 412 pages, including an initial application and several applications to renew the surveillance – indicate that the FBI “believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government … to undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election in violation of U.S. criminal law.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Conservatives have sought to cast doubt on the information used as the basis for acquiring the warrants on Page and are eager to review details of the FISA warrants. Page himself has also reportedly called for the release of the FISA application that he calls “illegitimate.”
The DOJ in April said it was “processing for potential redaction and release certain [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] materials related to Carter Page,” after the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit seeking the release of such records. The Justice Department set the deadline for Friday, July 20, 2018, according to court documents.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence